Kikoenai Voice  




Archives




Sunday, March 20, 2005
At 10:53AM (Japan Time), an earthquake of magnitude 7 hit my hometown of Fukuoka. Hardest hit area is the city center which meajured 6 on the ricter scale. This is perhaps the largest earthquake that Fukuoka has experienced in recorded history. The last known large earthquake date back to 1898, which meajured magnitude of 6. When I woke up at around 30 minutes after the incident, with very information still released. I, naturally, started to worry. But as hours went by, number of injured were quite little, and hardly any , if any at all were seriously injured. Death of zero by the look of it. What a relief.

The large earthquake which hit the city of Kobe (known as Hanshin-Awaji Earthquake) few years back meajured magnitude of 7.2, which killed thousands of residence. Hence my worry. Although I still cannot contact my family in Fukuoka, I feel relieved to see the reports that I have been reading, and of the graphics of damages it has caused, quite minimal for such a large earthquake, not to mention very minimal number of injury reported. Tsunami warning was cancelled approximately one hour after the earthquake, and quite numerous aftershocks has occured, but thoes were quite small tremours.



------------------------------------------------------------------
Also today marks the 10th anniversary of the Tokyo Metro Sarin Attack.
Over 5500 people were affected anc caused 12 death when the nerve gas was released into 3 different comuter trains in the city of Tokyo.set by a religious group on an act of domestic terrorism. I pay my respects to thoes who are affected in anyway by this horrible incident.

Blogged by Yosuke
15:20
0 slapped me

Post a Comment

Top


This page is powered by Blogger.