Kikoenai Voice  




Archives



Chinese Lunar Mid Sem 日韓 Result year Dayoooo~~

Tuesday, January 31, 2006
Mid Sem paper is back!!
I always thought Esther is o ne hell of a smart girl.. atleast compare to me.. always claim to be stardeeing n all.. but it turns out.. im smarter.. and i hardly study... cuz i beat her.
Yeah I beat her but still we both below average... which the average is below fail ..

Average = 42%
Esther = 32%
Me = 35.5%

Wheee!!

------------------------------

Anyhow... I heard its Chinese New Year..
But I'm not Chinese

People wish me well n all the stuff like gong xi blah blah and xin nian blah blah
But I'm not Chinese

Lion dance with fire cracker, celebrate the beginning of new lunar year
But I'm not Chinese

Ask me for an pao like I'm a married uncle
But I'm not Chinese

Work in Japanese restaurant with more than half the staff consisting of Chinese
But I'm not Chinese

Happy Lunar New Year dayo

Long long time ago Japan also do Lunar New Year, now just known as the "Old New Year" or "旧正月". Until one day it just happened that it would be more conventional to follow the solar calendar rather than lunar.

------------------------------------------
日本語 + 韓国語 + Lee's English 国際交流

Lee is a funny korean guy at taka.
Lee, Yoko and myself will often end up throwing up all our intestines from excessive laughter, a non-curable disease, highly contageous.

Lee keeps getting amazed at the similarity in the language between Japanese and Korean...

Aquarium in Japanese is Sui zok kan 水族館
Aquarium in Korean is Su zok gwan
Aquarium in Lee's English is Fish House

Giraffe in Japanese is Kirin キリン
Giraffe in Korean is also Kirin
Giraffe in Lee's English is Long Neck

Calculator in Japanese is Kei San Ki 計算機
Calculator in Korean is Kae San Ki
Calculator in Lee's English is Electronic Number

Once Lee was telling about this Korean dish. I asked what was in it.. he said Dok Dok..
Naturally I thought he was saying DOG since they eat dogs in korean anyway.
Ends up he was trying to say DUCK.. I was wonderin where he was gonna get a DOG to eat as soon as he suggested that he will cook for me n Yoko...

Blogged by Yosuke
12:08
0 slapped me

Post a Comment

Top


This page is powered by Blogger.